The QAIHC Statewide Clinical Leaders Forum supports a strong network of clinical leaders within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Services (ATSICCHS), who learn from each other to implement evidence-based best practice and comprehensive primary health care for their communities. Through the Clinical Leaders Forum, QAIHC supports Member Services to lead Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) in health care and safeguard the high standards of care within the community-controlled sector.
- Promoting sustainable comprehensive primary health care models in ATSICCHSs
- Utilising funding models efficiently to maximise benefits to local communities
- Spreading successful CQI strategies across ATSICCHSs
- Using data to improve health outcomes in communities
- Using audit, evaluation and performance management to ensure high quality care
- Using clinical governance models which ensure the safest and highest quality health care is provided to local communities
- Horizon scanning to prepare for challenges and opportunities facing ATSICCHSs
- Sharing clinical protocols and best practice evidence relevant to members.
- Membership is open to Clinical Leaders from each QAIHC Member Service including Regional Members
- Clinical Leaders must be nominated and endorsed by their CEO
- Clinical Leaders may include Clinical Directors, Medical Practitioners, Practice Managers, Practice Nurses or Aboriginal Health Workers
- CEOs and Chairpersons are also welcome to attend the Clinical Leaders Forum
- Face-to-face meetings are held twice a year.